Intertextual Connections


Morning prayer

Father in heaven,

I thank you for this morning, thanking you for pursuing me with your love. The love that never fades nor dies, and the reason for keeping me by your side. What have I ever done for you to love me THAT much. I'll never understand. This genuine touch of yours never fails to amaze me. No God, you're not selling a product of hope, love or faith. You're just you, you're just being a friend, a father, a saviour to me.

You've blessed me with many things in life O God, I'm truly thankful. We're called to be your stewards, your ambassadors of your kingdom, what an honour to be serving you Lord! I don't doubt one day Lord that I may once again be the bride that runs away and look for other lovers, because I'm weak.

I fear Lord that with my own strength I won't be able to finish that race, and with my own strength I'll make decisions that will cause me to sway and be lost in the world. I have been there, Father. I have been radical for the wordly things before, more than once, more than I ever wanted to be. By your grace, I was saved, by your mercy, I manage to escape fatality, by your love, I was found yet again.

I can't thank you enough for this relationship, because if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't know what I am living for. At least now I know, the comfort of having you in my life stands true. I pray O Lord, let me be radical for you, have faith like a child and not of a teen who searches for love in magazine materials or the flavour of the months of ice cream parlors.

I have seen and experienced that when I lean forward in your name, go forth in your presence, you have shown that much can be done beyond my abilities through you. For you O Lord, is Lord of All!

May I be the salt of the earth and the light of the world!

Amen.

0 Responses to “Morning prayer”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.